We always love to hear about what Box4Kids experiences mean to our guests, whether it is watching their favourite team play, respite from a lengthy hospital stay or quality time for a child and their parent… So we have collected five of our favourite memories from 2016 (so far), as told by the guests themselves:
1. Edward (9) and Kristian (8) watched Dynamo at First Direct Arena in Leeds in March – where they also experienced a surprise meet and greet. Their mums recall:
“It was fantastic to see Kristian get to meet someone who shows that you can be successful despite a chronic disease. This experience will provide a great source of inspiration for him.”
“Edward enjoyed the VIP experience immensely and keeps telling his older brother that we had the best seats in the house! The show was spectacular and it was a delight to watch the look of amazement on Edward’s face as Dynamo performed his magic. Having the opportunity to meet Dynamo after the show was amazing and a very special surprise.”
2. A few months later, at the height of summer, Adam (14) and the rest of his family enjoyed Farnborough International Airshow from one of the private chalets which had been donated to Box4Kids:
“I just wanted to get in touch to say a huge thank you for a wonderful day at Farnborough Airshow. It was an experience that we will never forget. We were all made to feel incredibly welcome and were treated to a fun packed itinerary, constant refreshments and the most amazing view of the show itself.”
3. Also in July, Hannah (10) and her mum Victoria spent a day at the races at Carlisle Racecourse:
“Thank you for inviting my daughter to such a lovely afternoon at Carlisle Racecourse. Hannah is Type 1 diabetic and although this is a condition that she has embraces with maturity way beyond her years a treat like this really gives her an opportunity to have fun. As a parent I also enjoyed spending some quality time with my daughter, what your charity does is a wonderful thing.”
4. Leo (11) and his dad Phil watched their Liverpool Football Club beat Tottenham Hotspur at home at the end of October:
“I would like to thank Barrie and everybody involved in the fantastic work that you do at the Trust. My son Leo was a guest at Anfield on Tuesday evening and had a wonderful time. It was a massive treat being in the box and getting looked after so well and of course seeing his team secure another win. Well done everybody!!”
5. Last but not least, in November Christy (10) and his dad Garry enjoyed a well-deserved visit to Wembley:
“Thank you for a wonderful day out at Wembley on Saturday to watch the Barbarians match. Christy and I had a great time and it was a cracking game of rugby that Christy really enjoyed as prior to his condition he played for five years and it remains his first choice sport.
Christy’s latest scan results show his condition deteriorating and with our options reduced we thank you for these treasured memories that will last a lifetime. Many many thanks for the opportunity you have given me to spend precious hours with my beautiful boy sharing our love of rugby.”
If you have an executive box which you would like to donate to create special memories for seriously ill children in your community – contact us now!