1. Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Barrie Wells Trust. For more information please go to www.barriewellstrust.org.
When we say, “you” and “yours” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect.
2. How we use personal information
We use personal information to:
- maintain a database of organisations/people who have donated, or may wish to donate, tickets or executive boxes for sporting and other events to enable the Barrie Wells Trust to deliver memorable experiences for deserving children, in accordance with the aims of the Trust.
- enable us to match deserving children with suitable events.
You have the right to object to us using your personal information. You can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider your request and either stop using your personal information or explain why we are not able to.
Further details can be found below.
3. Information about Our Services
We use your personal information to make you aware of the services provided by the Trust to deserving children.
Our activities may include providing information to you about our services by telephone, post, email and SMS.
If you do not wish to receive information about our services you can tell us at any time by using the contact information found on the Trust’s website.
4. The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section 2, “How we use personal information:”
People or organisations who may wish to donate executive boxes or tickets for events:
- basic details such as; name, age, address and gender of our contact at your organisation
- business activities if it is relevant to our ongoing relationship with you.
Children nominated by their parents, hospital or carers who they wish to be considered for a suitable event:
- basic details such as; name, age, address and gender
- indications of preferences for type of event
- any other information which may be relevant in the child’s particular circumstances.
5. Where we collect personal information
From you, your representatives or from publicly available sources, including information you have made public.
6. Sharing personal information
We will share with the venue and box holder the names of all attendees at each individual event. We will also share with the venue and box holder other information as may be necessary in respect of children attending that specific event, in order to enable the children to enjoy the event to the fullest extent possible.
7. Transferring personal information outside the UK
We use servers located in the United Kingdom to store your personal information. If you have provided a corporate box or tickets for an event which will take place outside the United Kingdom, we may transfer your personal information to the relevant country, in order to make the necessary preparations for the event.
8. How long We keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to provide our services or as required by law or contract.
9. Know your rights
You have the right to:
- object to us using your personal information. We will either agree to stop using it or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct your personal information to keep it accurate (the right of rectification)
- ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of the personal information you provided to us, so you can use it for your own purposes (the right to data portability)
- make a complaint if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.gov.uk
- ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal information, if using it is based only on your consent (the right to withdraw your consent)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can tell us by using the contact information found on the Trust’s website.
10. Data Protection Officer Contact Details
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer
Address: Data Protection Officer, Barrie Wells Trust, 4-6 Dalton Square, Lancaster LA1 1PP
Phone: 01524 590600
11. Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this fair processing notice. When that happens we will provide you an updated version at the earliest opportunity. The most recent version will always be available on our website.